Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lindzi's illness


Well Lindzi, unfortunately has been sick lately. It started last Thursday night. I noticed she seems a bit congested. Well Friday she was congested and had a fever. The fever was around 101 -102 so it was miserable. I took her into the after hours clinic on Saturday night because i was concerned it was an ear infection or worse. Well that was not pleasant. Lindzi was not happy and they took a long time to get to us.. it was like the ER. When the dr did come in, he looked in her ears and throat and listened to her lungs and said he didn't see or hear anything and to just treat the symptoms! Well we went home thinking it would get better sooner than later. It didn't. John stayed home with her on Sunday since I am in the nursery and we are short staffed in there as it is. She got more congested and developed a bad cough. And her fever persisted through Monday. She was pretty miserable and it was difficult for me to accomplish my daily tasks with her. Not to mention all my worrying and sleep issues at night! I called and talked to the doctor on call Monday night and he told me that if it was RSV they could only treat the symptoms anyway. So it was useless to take her in again to get an RSV test. It seemed like her fever was lessening anyway by about Monday too. By Tuesday and Wednesday she didn't have the fever anymore thank goodness and Wednesday started acting like her old self again. She is still recovering and has a very snotty nose and cough, but they too are lessening thank heavens!! On Wednesday she started eating solid foods again... the picture is her with chocolate pudding. She insisted on feeding herself. I was just happy she wanted to eat something. Unfortunately, now it seems that I have caught her nasty cold too. Only it is not as bad as it was for her.... it's harder on the young ones. It also looks like John, Desi and Kassidy also are getting cold symptoms. Bummer. We'll see if Brooklyn and Chris hold out or not.

3 fabulous comments:

Sister Sommers said...

Oh poor Lindzi, Its so hard when your little ones get sick.
I am happy to hear that she is doing better. I hope you and the rest of your family start feeling better.

Meg said...

Sick babies is no fun at all. We've spent most of the last two months with at least one person sick in the house at any given time. It's miserable. I hope you all get feeling well soon.

Brenick said...

awwww dang. winter time sucks for this reason. we should all pack up as a big ol' family and move somewhere tropical. good idea, no? ;)