Tuesday, March 31, 2009

what? me run?

Ok well i thought that if i blog about it, then i can't get out of it!! Not that I'm planning on trying to get out of it, but a little extra motivation never hurt. Anyway, I am planning on running in a 5K in May. Now i have never run in ANYTHING before. Unless you count the mile run in junior high and high school that you have to run to get a decent grade. I never have liked running. I have run/jogged on the treadmill for exercise reasons only. I still don't enjoy running, but my Dad has been doing a few 5K's for a year or so and he really wants me to join in this time. My sister Brenda will probably join in as well. So i thought "why not?" "what can it hurt?" Well other than the fact that i haven't been doing regular exercise in about a year now... since last April/May when my knee swelled up. Both my knees have given me problems here and there since 2001. One knee will randomly decide to swell up, then go back to normal, then swell up again... in a little viscous cycle for a while and then go away for a long time until the next time one decides to swell up. I've been to the doctors numerous times and had one knee scoped only to discover nothing really!! It usually happens when my normal body balance is thrown off for some reason... like having a baby, strep etc. At least we think that's what happens. So hopefully my knees will behave and I can get ready for this race in May and do a half way decent job. I'm hoping to make it in around 30-35 minutes... but we'll see. Wish me luck!! (I will need all I can get!)

5 fabulous comments:

Sister Sommers said...

You can do it!!

Michelle said...

Are you doing the one here? I saw it on the city website and thought about it, but I was concerned about what to do with the kids. My husband is the runner in our family. Good luck! Maybe I'll get some motivation and join you.

Meg said...

Wow! You're a lot more ambitious than I am. Good luck. I'm sure you'll do a great job.

valena Kisner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
valena Kisner said...

Sorry! I posted a comment, then deleted it because I thought I posted it twice. Looks like I didn't!

Anyway... I think you're going to be awesome in the 5K!!! Good luck with training and the race.