Hannah
Well on the very day that we went sledding, president's day, we lost our dog, Hannah. Somehow the gate wasn't quite closed and she discovered this and while we were gone sledding she took off for an adventure all her own. When we got back and discovered her missing, we drove around the neighborhood looking for her. We were quite disheartened when we saw no signs of her. We ended up taking two more drives around looking for her, but to no avail. The girls were quite sad about it, and I was too. I didn't want to think of her out in the cold and snow all night. I even dreamed that night that we found her.
Well when i called the city office, i couldn't get through to anyone because of the presidents day holiday. So the next morning I called again and the lady said she would find out if a dog matching Hannah's description had been picked up. She took my name, address, and number and said she would call me back soon. Well about an hour later she called to say that there hadn't been any dogs picked up that could be Hannah. I had also called another shelter that is close by, but couldn't get through at all, due to their having phone issues. Well Lindzi and I decided to run to the store, and just when we were about to leave, I got a message on my phone from a lady who thought she had our dog!! Well I called her right back and it did sound like Hannah. She said that she was leaving her house she saw something behind her car and went to check it out and it was Hannah. So she put her in her side yard, which is visible from the road and figured her owners would see her and be able to pick her up. Anyway, I think we did pass that way once, but we were only looking on the sidewalks for her. Then the next day she called the city offices and asked if there had been a report of a missing dog...and since I had recently called they gave her my phone number and name and that's how she got in touch with me. So Lindzi and I went over and picked her up! It was a great feeling to get Hannah back after being so worried. When the girls got home from school they were also very excited to see her again. Then that very day I ordered tags for both our dogs with their names and our phone numbers on them.. So if it ever happens again, hopefully it will be a faster reunion and less worry. We are just happy she is back home.
Hannah's new tag
Buster and Hannah's new tags
Family pic 2020
2 months ago


1 fabulous comments:
I'm glad you found her. It's amazing how things work out sometimes.
Post a Comment