Thursday, April 3, 2008

Dr. visits

Well on April 1st I took Lindzi and Kassidy to the doctors for their check ups. Lindzi is now four months old and is just growing like crazy. She is now 16 lbs and 6 oz which is exactly 9 more pounds since birth. That puts her in the 95 percentile for weight. She did so good at the appointment and was so happy up until the end when they gave her the 5 shots. That is the saddest thing to watch - she was so upset. Kassidy had to go for her kindergarten physical. She will be five in May. She weighs 39 pounds - she is rapidly catching up to her sister, Brooklyn, who is about 42 lbs at almost 8 years old! Kassidy did well at the appointment too and even when they gave her the shots she didn't cry, but she tensed up and had a pained expression. After that we started for home when I realized that they had told me to go to the lab afterwards and I had forgotten. So we turned around and went back. So to add insult to injury to Kassidy who was moaning the shots, they had to poke her thumb to test her blood. They also wanted to have her pee in a cup... but she couldn't go. So they sent me home with a cup that I have to bring back.. oh how fun. On Friday Kassidy went outside to play and she went without shoes on and then decided to climb the little apple tree. Apparently on the way down, her foot slid right onto a part of the tree poking out and cut the bottom of her foot. She came in crying and the wound was kind of ugly and a little deeper than I'd like to see. After we bandaged it and let her rest for a little while, we decided we'd better take her in to the doctors to make sure there wasn't anything still stuck inside. So we went and they cleaned it out really well. She did good. They told us just to keep it bandaged and clean with some antibiotic ointment. She is on the mend. For the first few days afterward though, she didn't want to walk on it. So on Sunday between Amanda and I, we transported her to primary and then to class and then back to primary. It was kind of interesting, but it worked. Now she's healing and walking around just fine. Hopefully now we won't have to go to the doctors anytime soon.

4 fabulous comments:

Meg said...

Dr visits are never fun. Especially when there is poking involved. I hate it when they give my babies shots.

Also, welcome to the blogging world. Feel free to check out my blog, too, if you haven't found it yet. It's mooresmusings.blogspot.com

Meg said...

Alright, after my last comment I realized you must have found my blog already, since you have a link to it. :-)

joanna said...

ya, I have enjoyed your blog too meg. How do you do it with two babies?

Jenn said...

I can't believe how big your little ones are. Kassidy outweighs all three of my younger children. Of course, Jon (at 6 1/2) has Brooklyn by about 8 pounds. And DJ caught Michael when he was about one (DJ that is -- Michael was over 2 1/2).