Monday, November 16, 2009

Homemade Pumpkin Pie


Well I unintentionally bought this pumpkin at Halloween thinking it was the cheap 9 cents a pound carving pumpkins.... then found out it was a sugar pie pumpkin...... and it cost as much as the biggest jack o lantern I bought. I decided I'd better use it up and make a pie with it. I have never made a pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin.... so i found recipe online.


I cut it in half and scooped the goop and seeds out first.



Then I steamed the pumpkin for 30 minutes.


Then after scooping the soft pumpkin from the shell I pureed it in the blender.




Finally.... the finished product!!! I didn't make the crust myself.....a little too much work. It was delicious!

Add Image

2 fabulous comments:

Sister Sommers said...

I have never made a pumkin pie from scratch like that either.. It sure looks good I might give it a try..

Michelle said...

I recently made a pie from a pumpkin also, but I baked it. It took about an hour. And, I should have read your blog post first, because I didn't puree it in the blender, so mine was a little lumpy.