Thursday, June 24, 2010

Bell's Palsy Update


It's now been 4 weeks since my little trip to the ER. I feel like I'm back 100 percent! After the first week it seemed to actually get a bit worse and more paralyzed. But by the end of the second week, I was seeing definite improvements. And by the end of week 3, I was almost better... other people wouldn't have been able to really notice the slight difference. Now after 4 weeks I feel like i am good as new. I definitely don't take my smile for granted now, or blinking or drinking from a straw!! Even pronouncing certain words with the B or P sound were a bit difficult as well. I feel very blessed that I am better within a month.... I had read online that some people suffer for months and months or never quite gain all their muscle control back completely. So I count my blessings as I smile!

2 fabulous comments:

valena Kisner said...

Congrats!!!! Your smile is absolutely beautiful!

Meg said...

So glad you're all better! :)