Being October and all, one might expect to see quite a few frightening things... spiders and such..... but one never expects to see this ......
Yep... look closely.. it's a BLACK WIDOW!!!! And yes it is on the bottom of Lindzi's shoe!!! And yes SHE KILLED IT BY HERSELF!!!! This is how it went down. I was about ten feet away from here working on the Halloween costumes and she was right by the garage door. The next thing she says is "Bug, Bug!" so i say "Oh do you see a bug?" without looking and assuming it was an ant or something. Then I do walk over to look and see a big spider move for just a fraction of a second.. i dont even get a good look at it because right then she STEPS on it!! I truly did not know till i looked at it on the bottom of her shoe that is was a black widow!!!! So scary! I think it must have come in from the garage somehow, since it was next to the garage door. A few years ago i found and caught one in the garage.. so i know they have been out there before. Yikes.. i guess we really need to clean out that garage!!!
Doesn't that spider just look horribly wrong on the bottom of a cutesy little rainbows and butterfly shoe??
Family pic 2020
2 months ago


3 fabulous comments:
Yeah, that is scary. I killed on on my front porch this summer, but INSIDE the house. That just makes me shiver.
Yuck. Good thing she knows to step on bugs.
Joanna, the girls' birthday was yesterday, but it may be a while before you see any pictures. I've gotten rather lax with blogging, as you've probably noticed. I just barely got my September pictures sorted through, so October pictures are still all on my camera.
Post a Comment