Well I decided to get a little bit adventurous and took a short road trip to visit family. It was about a 3 hour drive, which isn't bad, but with three young girls and a baby, it was a big leap for me, a driver who has no sense of direction. Especially since all my stops were in rural areas that you can't get mapquest or GPS directions directly to their homes. Anyway, we first stopped in to visit my cousin Jenn and her family at Uncle Stan and Aunt Nadine's house. Jenn and Derek were leaving to start their own road trip later that afternoon. So that was my last chance to visit with Jenn and see her new baby and family. We had a very enjoyable visit. Roy took the kids out on horse rides which the girls loved. We also saw Craig and Cynthia and their cute little girl Kyrene. Then that afternoon we left and drove to my Aunt Penny's house, about 30 minutes away. We had a nice dinner and visit with her and her son, Nephi. We spent the night there. The next morning we headed off to go to John's brother's house about 15 minutes away from there. We visited and later attended my niece, Alesha's, baptism. It was very nice. Afterwards we went back to Kenny's and Valena's house and had a yummy barbeque. After dinner the girls and I headed off to go home. There are two ways to go home and I ended up taking the way that I didn't want to take, mostly because I have no directional sense, and because it was dark and also because I didn't realize that my GPS was routing me that way until it was too late. Well as it turned out, I hit some bad construction where they were merging 3 lanes of traffic down to one lane. To make a long story short, that part of the trip was a nightmare. My three hour journey home ended up taking 4 hours!! The only good part was that it was late enough that the kids slept through most of it. I was never so happy to get home and in bed! Over all, the trip was great and now I'll know better for next time...
Family pic 2020
5 weeks ago


0 fabulous comments:
Post a Comment