Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Grandpa Hansen


Our very much loved Grandpa Hansen passed away today July 14th 2009. He was 96 years old. He was the best Grandpa ever! When I was a kid I used to love visiting him and Grandma on their farm. Whenever we visited, we were always met with open arms. I loved playing on the swings in the backyard. I loved looking at all his art work and wood work. I was always amazed (and still am) how he could carve a chain out of a solid piece of wood. He loved doing puzzles like rubix cube and i was always amazed at how easy he made it seem. He always had M&M's around, and we all loved getting those! I only have fond memories of Grandpa.... I was hoping he would make it to 100 + years old! He almost made it too.... he gave it a great shot!
We will miss you so much Grandpa!!!

1 fabulous comments:

Sister Sommers said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa passing away. It is so good that you have all those memories with him...