Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kassidy and Lindzi's room fix up! part 1


The old wall paper border


in the process of removing the old border.


the border is off!

all done with that step... ready to tape and paint.



I am in the process of fixing up Kassidy's room. Since Amanda and Nick just moved out of it and I was planning on moving Lindzi up there with Kassidy, I thought I would freshen it up a bit before moving them back in. I needed to replace the wall paper border because it had been ripped off in a few places over the years when Kassidy was little. Anyway my plan was to get more of the same paint and just bring the paint a little higher up and put the new border up higher - out of the reach of little hands. So I took the old paint can to get a color match from Lowes. I looked for a new border that would match the color and found one that had fairies in it similar to the old one.... unfortunately i had to order it from Lowes, so it'll be here next week. Then I went home and started painting only to discover after it had dried, that the paint was a touch darker than my original. So I couldn't just touch up the old paint and then bring it up higher, I had to totally tape and paint it all! Oh well it wasn't too bad. I even painted the top and face of Kassidy's old dresser with the purple paint (the yellow dresser above). And I painted some of the closet with the paint. When I get the border and get it put up, I will post some after pics!!

0 fabulous comments: