Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dad is Back and Birthday celebrations!



My Dad got back from Scotland today. The month he was gone, went by pretty fast. It was nice being able to talk to him almost every day through Skype. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner and to celebrate Dad's homecoming and also his and Steven's birthdays. It was very nice. Desi baked the cake for Dad and I decorated it. It is the Kilsyth coat of arms. The words "spe expecto" are latin and mean "I expect with hope". I decorated it from fondant... my very first attempt. I made the fondant from scratch and it turned out pretty well. Mom made Steven's cake which was also very cute. Lindzi also turned 10 months old today!


3 fabulous comments:

Sister Sommers said...

Wow that cake looks great!
I am going to have to start getting my cakes from you..

Brenick said...

jo! send me the full res pics of jonas and lindzi sitting by eachother!

Meg said...

I can't believe how big Jonas is. Brenda must have some major muscles going on from carrying him around.

Looks like a fun get together. It's so much fun to see pictures of your family since I haven't seen any of you for so long.