Monday, May 5, 2008

Brooklyn's Baptism




Well Brooklyn is officially a member of the church! She was baptized on May 3rd. Things started out a little crazy though. I ended up with the stomach flu that day. I layed around hoping to feel better so that I could still go to the baptism at 5:00. I threw up at 11:00 and again at 2:00 with a little case of the runs too, oh joy. I was not feeling a lot better, so I was sad that I might not be there for Brooklyn and to see her be baptized. We also had John's Dad and step mom and John's uncle here from Idaho. I felt bad that I was stuck in bed and couldn't really visit or help with lunch or dinner prep. Well around 4:00 I started to try to get the girls ready with what little energy and strength I could muster. We were supposed to have Brooklyn there at 4:30. I wanted to go so bad and I wasn't feeling quite as bad, so I thought I might try to attend after all. I was just fearful of getting sick there. Well I sent John off in the truck and John's Dad in their van with the girls following John shortly before 4:30. A few minutes later John calls and wonders why no one is at the church. Come to find out he went to the wrong Stake Center. It was our old Stake Center they had recently made boundary changes. Apparently in our rush and all, he didn't remember that little detail. So then they rushed back the other direction to the correct Stake house. In the mean time I'm at home trying to get presentable after being sick in bed all day long. I felt ok, just very little energy as would be expected. I ended up making to the church on time and was able to watch Brooklyn be baptized. Everything else went fine, thank heavens and I did good as well with no hasty trips to the bathrooms yea! By the evening I was even starting to get my appetite back and was able to keep some food down - so I knew I was on the mend.


The next day Brenda and Nick blessed their baby boy Jonas. We attended our sacrament meeting and then after feeding the baby we were barely able to make it to theirs on time. They were both nice meetings. At ours Brooklyn and Desi both bore their testimonies. I also bore mine after Desi insisted. I always have a hard time getting up there because I lose my mind when I reach the pulpit and forget everything. But I did survive it. At Brenda and Nick's meeting, a lot of Forgacs and Shaws got up in testimony meeting. They were Nick's Grandma Forgacs, Nick's brother in law Jessie, Nick's mom, Carol, and Nick. From the Shaws it was Steven and Dad. Baby Jonas was good too and didn't cry during the blessing or the meeting. It was nice.

3 fabulous comments:

Meg said...

Congratulations to Brooklyn. That's such a wonderful experience. I hope she has/will write down her own feelings about being baptized so she can remember them later.

I'm glad you were able to make it to the baptism and that you are feeling better. It's good that you had family around to help.

Jenn said...

I am so sorry that you spent your day sick, but so glad that you were able to get to the baptism. I hope you all are doing well and enjoying life.

Brenick said...

ooooh! you put pictures right in your blog.. look at my sis.. get all compy smart! yay! :) and congrats to brookie and jonas. woo!